Sunday 15 December 2013

It's been a while..

It's been nearly a month since I last posted - oops! Aurillac life has been great though, I've been doing yoga and having English-French conversation sessions with our instructor and Amber, I'm tutoring a French girl in English (credit to JJ for giving her my details) and we've been to Clermont-Ferrand for a weekend. We've also been out in Aurillac finally which has been fun but it's always a long night if you don't leave to go out til gone 1am.. Aurillac has loads of Christmas lights up as well as a Christmas market and a ferris wheel in the main square so the last week here should be really fun!

View of the ferris wheel in Aurillac's main square
I have also made myself a Christmas tree for my flat, making use of the junk mail that comes through our door - cutting all the green bits out of a Decathlon catalog (among pthers) took some dedication!
Probably the most exciting part of the last few weeks has been skiing. Le Lioran is 1/2 an hour away by train then a navette ride/ 15 minute walk to the ski resort, so close that when we went for an afternoon of ice skating and the rink was closed, we hired skis on the spot and off we went! It's been 8 years since I skied, and 1 week of skiing 8 years ago didn't really prepare me that well - I went straight up the mountain on what is probably the easiest slope there although it turned out to be quite a long run and I fell over...three times. I got some advice from someone who saw me fall over after about 15 seconds so next time I'll be better prepared...


Le Lioran

No comments:

Post a Comment